Home

Friday, January 31, 2014

Funeral Program Friday - (Mostly) African American Funeral Programs Updated!

Well, wouldn't you know it.  As soon as I went and changed the name of my database to, "African American Funeral Programs", I found one in the collection for someone who wasn't African American! I had a feeling that might happen, and I was a little concerned about it when I renamed the collection.  Although it's likely that the majority of the programs in the collection will be those of African Americans, I certainly don't want to limit the service that I'm trying to provide by not including someone's funeral program, based on race.  It just "ain't that kinda party" (lol), as they say!
So...... I've decided to alter the name of the database, once again!  Since the programs are not all from NC (as I'd originally thought), and now, at least in one case, they are not all for African Americans, I will now call the database by this name: "(Mostly) African American Funeral Programs".  We'll see how that goes!  :)
I've also made one other decision regarding this database.  I am now going to make a commitment to adding new programs, and announcing them on this blog every Friday, under the meme, "Funeral Card Friday", which is used by other genealogy bloggers to post content on their sites.  So, hold me to it, folks!  Every Friday, (Mostly) African American Funeral Programs will be updated with new names.  Check back, weekly.  You might find that information you've been looking for!

The following surnames were added today:
Arrendell
Batchelor
Bothwell
Clements
Clifton
Freeman
Green
Greene
Hensley*
McKnight
O'Kelly
Poole
Taylor
Thomas
Yarborough
* Not African American
 
Just click on the link to check out the database, and remember, if you desire to have an copy of the full program for any name, just send me an email (yarsan@aol.com), or request it in the comment section, and I will happily scan the program for you.
 
Blessings!
Renate

Permalink to this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment